There'll Never Be Another Day Like Today

I do not consider myself a positive person. While I always look for the best in many situations, I always try to keep a realistic perspective on life.
Tonight, I'm reminded of a perspective that Dad shared with me when I was a kid. It was the end of a warm, summer's day. Dad and I took time to go fishing down by Lake Anna's Dike 3 (one of the man-made dams that regulates water flow). 
Now you have to remember that my Dad is not one of these people that is full of profound sayings. Yet out of all of my childhood memories, these words from him stick out the most.
As we sat there watching the sunset, he said this to me. "Son, you see that sunset over there? There'll never be another like it. That's kind of like our lives. There'll never be another day like today. Never."
Each day, we are given a fresh start. Sure, some things may carry over from the day before. But the bottom line is this. You are given a chance to begin anew each day. Don't waste those opportunities when they come before you.
As we wind down for another day, think on this.
When those opportunities for a new start arrive, what will you do with them?
Sleep well, folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Your Eyes on the Road

Sing Me a Song

Then Sings My Soul