Keep Your Eyes on the Road
For the past couple of posts, I've offered thoughts on opportunities - taking the right opportunities and appreciating big and small opportunities. During these thoughts, I want us to think about how we sometimes miss opportunities.
How many of you drive while constantly looking in your rearview mirror? If you answered yes, please tell me where you normally drive, and I will avoid that area! Seriously, folks, it'd be foolish to think that we can move forward while constantly looking back.
Let me put this into perspective. Oft times, the only person holding us back is ourselves. For instance... We often dwell on those "what if's" in life. What if I had made that decision differently? What if I had told that person how I really felt? What if I had actually taken the time to think things through? We spend so much time contemplating over the failures of yesterday that we prevent ourselves from seeing the opportunities of tomorrow. We remain so stuck in the past that we prevent ourselves from moving forward into the future.
If you keep your vision focused in that rearview mirror, you will eventually crash and burn. Yesterday's a mere moment of our past. What's done is done, and there's nothing that can change what's already happened. What we can change, beloved, are the things to come.
God has given us a bright future ahead. How will we use our time here on this earth to prepare ourselves for what's to come? How can we be proactive in our decisions? How can we help make tomorrow better than today?
Don't miss the boat by looking back. Seek out those opportunities and make things happen.
By the way, keep your eyes on the road.
How many of you drive while constantly looking in your rearview mirror? If you answered yes, please tell me where you normally drive, and I will avoid that area! Seriously, folks, it'd be foolish to think that we can move forward while constantly looking back.
Let me put this into perspective. Oft times, the only person holding us back is ourselves. For instance... We often dwell on those "what if's" in life. What if I had made that decision differently? What if I had told that person how I really felt? What if I had actually taken the time to think things through? We spend so much time contemplating over the failures of yesterday that we prevent ourselves from seeing the opportunities of tomorrow. We remain so stuck in the past that we prevent ourselves from moving forward into the future.
If you keep your vision focused in that rearview mirror, you will eventually crash and burn. Yesterday's a mere moment of our past. What's done is done, and there's nothing that can change what's already happened. What we can change, beloved, are the things to come.
God has given us a bright future ahead. How will we use our time here on this earth to prepare ourselves for what's to come? How can we be proactive in our decisions? How can we help make tomorrow better than today?
Don't miss the boat by looking back. Seek out those opportunities and make things happen.
By the way, keep your eyes on the road.
Comments
Post a Comment