I Love to Laugh

How many of you remember the film "Mary Poppins?" If you do, think of that scene featuring Ed Wynn as Uncle Albert. He just could not stop laughing; in fact, there was entire song written about it - "I Love to Laugh." As a kid, I would laugh for what seemed like an eternity. Then again, I still chuckle with glee whenever I hear that song.
Laughter is beautiful gift that God has given us in this life. On the worst days of life, a bit of laughter always helps make those grey skies blue once again. The side effects from laughter are almost universally positive... except for those times when your sides hurt from laughing so long and so hard.
Laughter is a beautiful thing.
As most of my professors at Shenandoah will tell you, it's hard to get much done in class with my frequent bursts of jokes and laughter. OK... we do some get some things done around here... some times. Not a day goes by where I don't laugh at someone or something... normally myself.
For many in life, however, we forget somewhere along the way how important it is to laugh and enjoy those lighter moments in life. Somewhere along the line, we forget how to just live in the moment; we grow up and leave behind such "childish" things as joking and playing around. It's a tragedy to find someone who no longer remembers how to laugh. Truly, it is.
Let's not forget to enjoy life from time to time. There is a time to be serious and a time to be lighthearted. Savor those moments of laughter and good times. On your darkest days, remember the joke that a friend of yours shared with you. Maybe that's the thing that will get you through the day. Oh... and don't forget to laugh at yourself from time to time. 
God has given us a great gift in laughter. Let's spread that gift to our friends and neighbors around us.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Your Eyes on the Road

Sing Me a Song

Then Sings My Soul