Frozen in Time
It's been awfully cold this season throughout the mid-Atlantic, and after several weeks of sub-freezing temperatures, we're finally beginning to experience the "January Thaw." Yet, throughout the region there are still signs that we are still in the middle of winter.
I was driving home from near Hazelton, PA. As I continued south on Interstate 81, the highway began to curve around one hill after another. At one point, the road passed directly between two rock faces. You could see where water had once flowed down the side of the rock face. Yet, at that moment, those once-flowing streams were now frozen ice sculptures. In fact, there were dozens of the frozen streams dotted along the hills. As I gazed at their beauty, I had this startling thought.
Have you ever wanted to stop the hands of time? Let's be honest. I feel that each of us have, at one time or another, had an experience so wonderful that we never wanted it to end. Tonight, think of those moments in life that you wish you could do all over again. What a marvelous thing it would be if we could revisit those moments and freeze time for just a minute or two. What would we see in that moment? What would be our takeaway from that experience?
Tonight, let's remember to simply stop and take it all in.
I was driving home from near Hazelton, PA. As I continued south on Interstate 81, the highway began to curve around one hill after another. At one point, the road passed directly between two rock faces. You could see where water had once flowed down the side of the rock face. Yet, at that moment, those once-flowing streams were now frozen ice sculptures. In fact, there were dozens of the frozen streams dotted along the hills. As I gazed at their beauty, I had this startling thought.
Have you ever wanted to stop the hands of time? Let's be honest. I feel that each of us have, at one time or another, had an experience so wonderful that we never wanted it to end. Tonight, think of those moments in life that you wish you could do all over again. What a marvelous thing it would be if we could revisit those moments and freeze time for just a minute or two. What would we see in that moment? What would be our takeaway from that experience?
Tonight, let's remember to simply stop and take it all in.
Comments
Post a Comment