New Every Morning

I just don't know what got into me this morning. Normally I would have been in bed asleep until 8 or so, but this morning, I wanted to go out and do something. So, I did.

It's been a several months since I went out for a morning walk. As I've said, the temptation of extra sleep is hard to resist. Yet, there's something invigorating about starting the day off with a walk. It's as though for just a few moments that everything is right with the world... just me and my music going out for a stroll. To be honest with you, this morning had me feeling better than I had for a while. It was good to be out and about again.

This morning it's cloudy and cool in Winchester... not exactly the most beautiful morning I've seen. Yet, as I took those many steps around the campus of Shenandoah, I was continually reminded of these words from the scriptures. Perhaps you, too, will be encouraged by the reading of them.

"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23 they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness."

-Lamentations 3:22-23

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep Your Eyes on the Road

Sing Me a Song

Then Sings My Soul