The Manna from Above
As I was recording "Simply Timeless" tonight, I shared some of these thoughts at the end of the broadcast. I'd like to share them with you here before the evening is through.
We've seen a lot of storms over the past few weeks. Hurricane Harvey in Texas and Louisiana; Hurricane Irma in Florida and Georgia.
I'd think that more than a few of us have been through (or are going through) a stormy season in our own lives.
When we're in midst of the storm, we can't see what's ahead. We can only see what's around us... stormy seas, downpours, and winds that knock the very life out of us.
Yet even when we're in the storm, God still provides that little bit of manna from above.
It's like what a dear friend told me over the summer. "Jay, we're believing in the manna principle. We're trusting that God will provide what we need when we need it."
Yes, I know how it feels to be in the midst of the storm. I've been there, and I will surely be there again. Even in those terrible times, God still provided. It may not have been a lot, but it was enough to get by.
If you're fighting through the storms of life, take courage. As strange as it may seem, the best is yet to come. In the meantime, be thankful for the things you do have, even though they may not be much, they are what you need here and now.
Remember, friends, always look for the silver lining and try to find the sunny side of life.
Comments
Post a Comment