Music is an interactive art form. Not only are you able to hear and take in a performance, but you are also able to participate by singing, humming, or dancing. When it comes to senior citizens, they love to participate in musical programs. In fact, at 99% of my performances, the seniors will sing along with just about every song. Yet, at a recent show in Potomac Falls, VA, I was witness to something that will remain with me for years to come. It was a relatively large crowd at my performance this past Friday at Falcon’s Landing. Since last year, I have hosted a number of “Simply Timeless” programs. This day, however, a number of seniors had the company of their children and grandchildren. As the program continued, I moved into a highlight of songs written by Henry Mancini and Johnny Mercer. Then I began to sing “Moon River.” The words went something like this...”Moon River, wider than a mile. I’m crossing you in style someday.” I then looked out and saw a daughter singing th...
Comments
Post a Comment