There, I've Said It Again
It was New Year's Eve 2006. I was still living with Granny at her home near Lake Anna. Earlier in the day, a friend of mine and I went for a shopping trip to Lynchburg - mostly to thrift stores and antique shops.
At the former DAV Thrift Store on Timberlake Road, I spotted it... an almost new Reader's Digest collection of records - The Great Band Era: 1936-1945. As one who was just beginning to learn much of that music, I found this to be a fantastic buy.
That evening, I got back to Granny's house. She was gone for the evening to the NYE festivities at the Louisa Moose Lodge. For me, it was going to be a quiet night in a quiet house.
After relaxing for a few moments, I found my way to the turntable. As I began to listen to one of the first records, I heard a unique baritone singing one of the most beautiful melodies from the Big Band Era.
The vocalist was Vaughn Monroe and the song was "There, I've Said It Again." In later years, the song would be covered by Mr. Bobby Vinton.
Yet, there I was listening again and again to the simple lyric -
"I love you,
There's nothing to hide.
It's better than better inside.
I love you
No use to pretend.
There I've said it again."
There's nothing to hide.
It's better than better inside.
I love you
No use to pretend.
There I've said it again."
Simply put... tell someone how much they mean to you. Let them know that you love them. And while you're at it... put this song on and ask for a dance.
Comments
Post a Comment